- Yoga Practice
- Teaching Yoga
- Chakra, Mudra, Bandha
- Pranayama, Meditation, Yoga Nidra
- Yoga Anatomy
- Yoga Asanas
- Yoga Philosophy
- Teaching Yoga as Therapy
- Teaching Yoga to Kids
- Teaching Prenatal/Fertility Yoga
- Other Yoga Teaching Skills
- Teaching Special Groups
- Yoga Therapy
- Health & Wellness
- Personal Growth
- Upcoming Webinars
- Meet Our Teachers
Expand Your Teaching Skills - Join the 2012 Yoga U Summer Intensive
Enrich Your Yoga Practice and Expand Your Teaching Skills!
Leeann Carey: Creative Uses of Yoga Props to Expand and Deepen Your Practice
In this two-part course, Leeann Carey, founder of Yāpana, introduces innovative uses of props to better inform and deepen your yoga practice and expand your teaching skills to help students progress. Using yoga props can help us access yoga poses we might otherwise tend to avoid, and safely guide us where we’d like to go. Props provide a means for thoughtful inquiry and direct physical feedback, while fostering confidence to grow our practice.
This two-part online yoga course will demystify any misunderstanding you may have about using yoga props. It will show you how to assess when and how to apply strategic prop placement, give you tips for how to use props to efficiently leverage your own or students’ strengths, while learning how to not just amend weaknesses but also explore these with a soft breath and calm mind.
Kaoverii Weber: Yoga Detox Practices for Long-term Health
Most of us think of detoxification as lengthy fasts or rigorous cleanses to purify and release long-held toxins from the body. The good news, however, is that there are numerous simple practices you can do everyday, to prevent stagnation and reduce the build-up of toxins in the body.
The yoga tradition in particular offers many practices to help clear away toxins, lighten excessive weight and free the mind of unnecessary burdens – and not all of these involve intense, sweaty asanas.
In this 2-part online yoga course, Kaoverii Weber, founder of Subtle Yoga, will look at the yogic science of detoxification and yoga practices that target the digestive organs to help clear away toxins and enable better functioning. We will look at poses, pranayamas and other practices that facilitate cleansing of the liver, kidneys and large intestine. Kaoverii will also introduce acupuressure points and self-massage techniques to assist the detoxification process. You will learn about some of the Shat Karmas from the Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
When you register for the 2012 Summer Intensive, you will receive recordings from Leeann and Kaoverii classes. Then join us for Judith's class in July.
Judith Hanson Lasater: Structuring Your Beginning Class: Yoga Sequences for Beginners
With the growing popularity of yoga, more and more people with little yoga experience are flocking to studios. Many are middle-aged boomers with varying levels of physical fitness and greater degree of limitations, further adding to the challenge.
Beginning students often share common challenges. These include a lack of body awareness, and the typical physical limitations of the American body, such as tight hamstrings, tight hips, a weak back, and lack of core strength. The older the student, the more pronounced these limitations. Unless yoga teachers know how to help students at all skill levels, beginning yoga students often get discouraged and may never return to class.
In this 2-part online course, Judith Hanson Lasater will introduce three major yoga sequences to use withbeginning yoga students to give them the best experience when beginning a yoga practice. For each sequence of poses, Judith will cover the key goals of alignment for beginners, best modifications for specific poses and when to use them, as well as key precautions for certain poses. Together, the sequences will ensure that new students develop the right habits and get a proper foundation of alignment in yoga poses.
When you register for the 2012 Summer Intensive, you will receive recordings from all of the classes, plus all of the bonuses.
Plus, You Get These Great Bonuses!
- Free online video yoga practice with Leeann Carey based on the principles of Yapana yoga.
- Two 15-minute online yoga practices with Kaoverii illustrating key detoxification techniques.
- Judith Hanson Lasater: The Importance of Twists - Moving from the Organs; a one-hour recorded teleclass
- Judith Hanson Lasater: The Art and Science of Back Bends - a two-hour recorded teleclass.
- Judith Surprise Bonus! More details upon registration.
- Kaoverii Weber: A Guide to Self Massage After Yoga - Recorded audio class teaching how self-massage is a simple, effective practice that can improve the effects of one's asana practice and help prevent muscle soreness in yoga.
- Kaoverii Weber: eBook: 10 Tips for an integrative Yoga Practice
- Leslie Kaminoff: The Breathing Body - Audio download with Leslie discussing many aspects of breathing as it releates to yoga practice, Pilates or movement therapies in general, clearing up common misconceptions.
- Recordings of all Live Online Sessions: Both MP3 and MP4 recordings to download and save for future reference.
- Transcripts of all Live Online Sessions - No need to take notes. You can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
Presented by Judith Hanson Lasater
Media Type: Featured Webinar
Yoga Teacher CEUs: 3.0