- Yoga Practice
- Teaching Yoga
- Chakra, Mudra, Bandha
- Pranayama, Meditation, Yoga Nidra
- Yoga Anatomy
- Yoga Asanas
- Yoga Philosophy
- Teaching Yoga as Therapy
- Teaching Yoga to Kids
- Teaching Prenatal/Fertility Yoga
- Other Yoga Teaching Skills
- Teaching Special Groups
- Yoga Therapy
- Health & Wellness
- Personal Growth
- Upcoming Webinars
- Meet Our Teachers
Doug Keller: Yoga for Healthy Hamstrings - Unraveling the Knots
Class Length:Two One Hour Sessions, Plus Yoga Practice Video
Yoga Teacher CEUs:1.0
Study yoga online with Doug Keller, author of Yoga As Therapy, who is widely regarded for his unique insights into the fine points of yoga anatomy and alignment. In this recorded 2-part online yoga course, Doug Keller focuses on the hamstrings, one of the most common sources of misalignment in yoga poses.
Tight hamstrings are particularly limiting in forward bends, but affect numerous other yoga poses as well. Tight hamstrings are surprisingly common, and even with regular practice, many yoga students find that they can be a frustrating limitation to tackle. Tight hamstrings also threaten the health of the low back and often lead to back issues as we get older.
And while tight hamstrings are the most common, loose hamstrings can likewise lead to problems, pain and injury. There are growing reports of experienced yoga practitioners with flexible hamstrings injuring hamstrings attachments at the sitting bones or knees, resulting in a low, nagging (or sometimes more severe) pain that can take years to go away.
In this therapeutically-oriented 2-part online yoga course, you will:
- Learn how to work with tight hamstrings and/or help yoga students with tight hamstrings make the most out of their yoga practice
- Explore techniques of postural evaluation aimed especially at evaluating the influence of the hamstrings and adductors on posture and movement
- Learn the key actions to perform in poses involving hamstring stretches for those with overly flexible hamstrings to make sure the stretch is balanced and not uneven. This is the key to avoid pain and to heal any existing injuries you or your students may be struggling with.
- Discover how to go beyond simply focusing on ‘hamstring stretches’ and go into depth with what it really takes to keep the hamstrings working for you in your yoga practice and not against you
- Explore the context of the ‘bigger picture’ of the Soma Sutras, which Doug Keller discusses in his book Yoga As Therapy.
This Premium Package Includes the Following Bonuses:
- Free Yoga Practice Targeting the Hamstrings - 30 minute yoga practice with specific guidelines for safe hamstring opening.
- Recordings of Both Sessions -Yours to keep. It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get the recordings of both webinar sessions (both MP3 and MP4), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions - Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point ever so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
- Free download with Judith Hanson Lasater - Free audio yoga download from Yoga U with Judith Hanson Lasater on a safe yoga practice for the SI Joint.