Join Tom Myers, author of Anatomy Trains, for an online course that will give you new insights into the interconnectedness of the body as it relates to your yoga practice.
While traditional anatomy is static, Anatomy Trains shows you the body as an interconnected whole. We do not move via individual muscles as traditional anatomy has it, Tom explains. Rather, movement patterns are transmitted seamlessly from muscle to muscle through the bodywide fascial fabric.
Anatomy Trains offers a unique map of this ‘anatomy of connection,’ which focuses on whole-body fascial and myofascial linkages rather than individual muscles and bones. Learn how muscles are joined into functional complexes within fascial planes – resulting in integrated whole-body patterning in posture and function.
With Tom as a guide, this course offers an opportunity to develop your body reading skills and learn how different yoga postures are affected by the different fascial meridian lines.
Anatomy Trains offers a new perspective – understanding the ‘Superficial Back Line,’ for example, gives insights into hamstring problems that one cannot get from considering hamstrings alone. Similarly, the ‘Spiral Line’ shows how to resolve rotational compensations in a way that no analysis of any single muscle can give.
Whatever your movement modality – yoga, yoga therapy, Pilates, or personal training, this is a course not to be missed! Anatomy Trains offers skills to see the roots of movement limitations and structural compensations more effectively in your own yoga practice or that of clients and yoga students.
What You Will Learn
- How to move beyond a mechanical “cause and effect” understanding of muscles to a deeper insight into the integrated connections of real-life functional movement.
- A completely new view of myofascial anatomy and new ways to understand postural and movement patterns.
- The key functional movement patterns of Anatomy Trains that every yoga practitioner should be aware of.
- How imbalances in these key anatomic patterns can impact your yoga asana practice.
- How Anatomy Trains and yoga are part of a wider field of ‘Spatial Medicine,’ which focuses on how to optimize the mechanical relationships in the body to improve performance and resolve chronic pain issues.
- How the experience of Anatomy Trains can help you improve your ‘KQ’, i.e. Kinesthetic Quotient, or body intelligence.
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Videos: Enjoy 7 videos on Body Reading, including the Deep Front Line, Lateral Line, Superficial Back Line and more.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 3.5 CEs with Yoga Alliance.