One of the greatest challenges yoga teachers face is bridging the alignment gap. No matter how precise our teaching cues may be, more often than not a large percentage of students will have several misalignments in the yoga poses. And when we try to correct misalignment in one part of the body, another part goes out of alignment.
In this course, yoga therapist Susi Hately will take a closeup look at why it is that for many students, common teaching cues simply are not working as intended. She will show why the biggest mistakes most teachers make is providing alignment cues or adjustments after the student has come into the pose. Providing cues at this point is too late. The student has already compensated their way out of alignment, and adjusting them after the fact, will only cause more compensation.
What You Will Learn:
- How to notice compensation when it occurs
- How to help students develop alignment awareness earlier in the movement
- The instructions to help students make the appropriate adjustments at that time.
- The simple tools your students need to dramatically improve their pace of progress
This Course also Includes:
- Yoga practice video: A yoga practice with Susi designed specifically for this course.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 3 CEs with Yoga Aliance.