The core muscles are our physical, structural, and energetic center. A strong core is essential to healthy and functional movement throughout life. It forms the foundation for proper posture, ease and grace of movement, and even creates greater emotional balance and strength.
For many people, core work is associated with tedious and unpleasant exercises, like crunches and other ab-toning work that can be frustrating and even downright unpleasant. And unbalanced core work focusing too much on the front abdominal muscles can even lead to structural imbalances that create its own set of issues.
In this online course, yoga teacher, physical therapist, and author Judith Hanson Lasater shows how to integrate a core routine as part of a yoga practice to make core work fun and rewarding. Judith will present an innovative and easy-to-follow program of asanas variations and breathing practices to integrate in your yoga practice, and also show simple core strengthening activities you can incorporate throughout your daily activities to strengthen the core.
What You Will Learn
- How to understand the wider meaning of the abdomen and belly in a cultural and physical context
- Essential details of the anatomy and kinesiology of the abdominal muscles and other muscles also considered part of the core musculature
- Best ways to develop and maintain abdominal strength without pushing or straining
- Yoga asanas geared towards core strength that also helps keeping the back healthy
- How the abdominals should feel in a backbend, and what to do about tight abdominals holding you back
- Why giving yourself permission to have a soft feminine tummy doesn’t mean that you will have a weak core
- How to move mindfully through your daily activities, such as cooking or cleaning in a way that adds core strengthening value to these.
This Course Also Includes:
- Recordings of Both Sessions: Yours to keep. It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get the recordings of both sessions (MP3 -downloadable & MP4 – streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 2.5 CEs with Yoga Alliance.