Free your spine and feel your energy flow. As the central pillar of the body, free movement of the spine is vital to asana. Additionally, blockages in the spine restrict the flow of energy/prana. This online continuing education yoga workshop will give yoga therapists and teachers an in-depth understanding of the spine, knowledge of common back conditions, and tools to facilitate more functional movement for students.
Learning about the spine will give you greater appreciation for how backbends, laterals and twists get to the core of experience and how yoga changes holding patterns. In addition to exploring how the healthy spine moves through poses, we explore yoga solutions to common spine problems.
What You Will Learn:
- How the spine works
- The spine’s true range of motion—and what makes it possible
- What motions cause spinal injury—and how to prevent them
- Asanas that improve spinal flexibility and strength
- Modifications for common spinal diagnoses
Get to know the spine’s structure and possibilities. Learn how the 25 bones, 125+ joints, supporting ligaments and multitude of muscles and connective tissue create a nearly infinite palette of movement—and how improper movement creates injury. By learning how each vertebra facilitates movement, you’ll understand the spine’s design and how to help your students progress into deeper bends and twists.
With an understanding of how the spine is meant to work, we look at common spine problems, from bulging discs to stenosis, and how to modify asanas to facilitate healing. We discuss the anatomical basis of low back pain and the tools of yoga to address them.
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Video: This hour long yoga practice is designed to mobilize and align your body’s fascia matrix, to create greater resiliency. It includes variations to common yoga poses and some unusual poses that develop flexibility, strength, and neuromuscular retraining—three of the four steps for soft tissue healing.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of both webinar sessions (both MP3 – downloadable and MP4 – streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 3 CEs with Yoga Alliance.