“Self-care has become the dominant focus of prevention over the past few decades,” writes Deepak Chopra in his introduction to Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar’s new book, The Hot Belly Diet. “health is a positive state whose elements—balance, energy, a sense of well-being, resistance to disease, and the promoting of healing—are exactly what Ayurveda aims to maintain and nurture.”
In this course, Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar joins us to take a closer look at the role the digestive system plays in creating balance in mind and body. According to Ayurveda, the digestive system is the most critical system in the body, because it supplies the energy that allows cells to go through their life cycle in a state of balance. The digestive fire—or agni, supplies vitality to the whole system when it is working efficiently. The quality of our metabolism—the process of converting food into bodily tissues—decides the quality and quantity of the life you experience, the level of health you enjoy, and how fast we age. This is the basic message of Ayurveda.
He will show how weight regulation is a by-product of learning to live in harmony with the body’s wisdom and natural, inherent healing system. He will also discuss why diet is such an important part of our long-term health—not just in terms of our nutritional intake, but also in terms of the impact on the health of the body’s natural processes of detoxification and renewal. He will also discuss the best approach for slowing down and preventing the aging process in light of the ancient science of Ayurveda.
What You Will Learn
- Why digestion and the strength of the digestive fire, Agni, is considered the most important factor in health and longevity, according to Ayurveda.
- Why our weight gets imbalanced and tips and tools to reintroduce balance
- How to reset your body’s natural, inherent intelligence, which automatically regulates food intake to your body’s needs
- What causes cravings and Ayurvedic advice for how to deal with them
- How the emerging science of chronotherapy echoes the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda, and what it teaches us about practices for natural and effortless weight regulation
- How to clear out your “ama,” the digestive sludge that antagonizes weight loss, provokes hormonal imbalances, and ultimately triggers inflammation—the root cause of virtually all disease.