Restorative yoga can be a gateway to deep relaxation and the cultivation of mindfulness. Enter, enter!”
—Jon Kabat Zinn, Ph.D. in Relax & Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times by Judith Hanson Lasater
We work very hard in our lives, and while we may sleep, we rarely take time to rest. Restorative yoga poses help us learn to relax and rest deeply and completely.
During deep relaxation, all the organ systems of the body are benefited. The measurable results of deep relaxation include more balanced blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol levels, as well as improved digestion and elimination, reduced muscle tension, insomnia and generalized fatigue.
In this online course, Judith Hanson Lasater will introduce you to the experience of restorative yoga and some of the basic teaching principles for this important practice. The key to the healing benefits of a restorative practice are the supported poses and breathing practices, which help reset body and mind and heal the effects of chronic stress.
What You Will Learn
- Why restorative yoga is an important adjunct to a regular yoga practice, and when and how to integrate it
- How a restorative practice can create the foundation of mental, emotional and physical relaxation to provide greater integration in your life.
- Key elements of a restorative practice, including poses, breath awareness and simple meditation techniques
- A basic restorative sequence to use for yourself or your students to nurture, restore, and heal
- How to use restorative yoga to reset the health and vitality of body and mind, and enhance the body’s natural ability to cleanse, heal, and renew.
“Restorative yoga has been helpful for my patients with diverse conditions, such as back pain, neck pain, high blood pressure, asthma, migraine and tension headaches, stress-related diseases, chronic fatigue, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and cancer.” – Mary Pullig Schatz, MD
From the “Foreword” to Relax & Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times by Judith Hanson Lasater
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Videos with Judith Hanson Lasater and Lizzie Lasater: Enjoy two yoga practice videos with Judith and Lizzie – Finding Pratyahara and Finding Quiet.
- Recordings of Both Sessions: Yours to keep. It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get the recordings of both sessions, enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 3 CEs with Yoga Alliance.