As yoga gains in popularity, there is now documentation that thousands of people are seeking health care for injuries related to yoga. In this audio yoga download, Judith Hanson Lasater, a teacher of yoga therapeutics, starts at the neck and works down the body exploring this issue and answers questions posed by participants. Judith gives specific recommendations on how to move (and not move) during our practice to avoid injury. She explores:
- What can we as teachers and students learn about preventing injuries?
- What are we doing to our neck, wrists, shoulders, hips, and knees that might contribute to injuries?
- What we can do to prevent these injuries
- Why some poses are not necessarily good for all people
- The importance of moderation during our yoga practice since most injuries are from overuse
This audio download addresses these and other questions.