In recent years, our understanding of the human body and how it functions has been transformed by the growing field of research into fascia, the connective tissue of the body.
We now know that fascia plays a previously unrecognized, but considerable role in our health and well-being. It is key to retaining healthy mobility, it is involved in nervous system communication, and it serves as a sense organ.
Insights into fascia has led to a new model of human movement. Researchers now believe that the human structure acts like a tensegrity structure, and that it is not a system of levers and pulls as previously believed. In a tensegrity system, structure is maintained and moves in a delicate, constantly shifting balance of compressional and tensional forces.
The new insights into fascia and tensegrity have great implications for our approach to movement in general and yoga specifically.
Like muscles, fascia can respond to stress and nerve signals, and it also loses pliability and adaptability with the natural process of aging. Both of these processes can cause the fascia to become tangled or stuck together, resulting in loss of mobility and even chronic pain.
In this online course, renowned author and fascia expert Dr. Robert Schleip will go into the new model of fascia and movement to provide the practical implications for our approach to fitness in general and yoga specifically.
Benefits of enhancing Fascial Fitness include:
- Increased Resiliency, Flexibility, and Range of Motion
- Improved Balance, Spatial Awareness, and Stability
- Reduced Myofascial Pain Syndromes (back and pelvic pain)
- Enhanced Fluid Flow and Healthy Metabolism
- Greater Wellbeing, Vitality and Better Ageing
What You Will Learn
- How tensegrity shifts our perspective on the structure of the body to a more non-linear, fluid system
- The implications of the tensegrity model for how we train/work with the soft tissues to create lifelong mobility and resilience
- The importance of understanding myofascial transmission lines
- The close connections between fascial tonicity and the autonomic nervous system
- Practical techniques for putting tensegrity into practice to enhance or maintain fascial fitness
Also Receive These Bonuses!
- Fascia and the Autonomic Nervous System
- Matrix Hydration: New Inspiration from Fascia Science for Bodywork Practitioners
- Elastic Storage Properties of the Fascial System
- Connective Tissues in Sports Medicine
This Course Also Includes:
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 6 CEs (including bonuses) with Yoga Alliance.