Feeling restless, wound-up, or constantly on edge? Or do you feel you worry all the time, have difficulty concentrating, are overly irritable and emotional, and easily fatigued?
These are all symptoms of anxiety. Anxiety affects us all at one point or another. But when we struggle with it constantly, it can infringe on our sleep patterns, trigger headaches, muscle aches, and other unexplained pains, and seriously undermine our quality of life.
And once we’re stressed out for a longer period of time, it isn’t easy to recover from—as most people know, you can’t just instantly snap out of it.
Yoga teacher and author Nina knows firsthand just how truly unpleasant anxiety can be and how it can disrupt your life.
While she was living with her husband and small child in a foreign country, Nina was surprised to suffer for the first time in her life with a severe bout of debilitating anxiety and depression. After she recovered, she dedicated herself to learning more about these emotional states and finding a way to prevent future episodes from occurring. By far the thing that made the biggest difference?
Many people think of yoga as a fitness form, says Nina. However, yoga was originally designed to make you calmer, steadier, and more content. And certain yoga techniques just work wonders for this.
Specific yoga poses, breathing practices, and relaxation poses can be remarkably effective in helping us to find an inner calm center when we’re experiencing challenges – and who doesn’t from time to time?
In their new online course, yoga teachers and authors Nina Zolotow and Barrie Risman cast new light on how we can use yoga to manage and relieve anxiety. Learn essential self-care tools you can use to reduce your anxiety both in the short term and to prevent future episodes from occurring.
What You Will Learn:
- What anxiety is and how to know when anxiety levels become a cause of concern
- How and why yoga practices can be so effective in reducing anxiety
- A wide range of yoga practices that can be used as self-care tools to calm down emotionally and physically
- How to help prevent future bouts of anxiety in the long term
- How to choose the right poses and practices for you—or help your student choose the right poses and practices for them—including which poses and practices to avoid when feeling anxious
What Other People Say about The Teachers
Nina and Barrie’s Yoga for Anxiety workshop gave me concrete ways of addressing and soothing my anxiety and inspired my own teaching. – Megan Morgan
Having practiced yoga for more than 30 years, I was always pushing to go further; Nina and Barrie have given me wonderful insights into how to use yoga in a completely different way. Thank you both! – Caroline Neufeld
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Videos: Enjoy two yoga practice videos taught by Barrie Risman that accompany this course.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note-takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.