Core strengthening has been a health and fitness buzzword for years, but there is a lot of confusion about what it actually is.
True core strengthening has little to do with building a “ripped” or “shredded” six-pack, rather, it is a full-body integration that enables us to strengthen and access the entirety of the core’s muscles and fascial interrelationships in a thoroughly “whole”istic way. This in turn builds postural grace, optimizes the organizational eco-system for organs, primes efficient respiration and is one of the most effective ways to counteract the age-related structural issues that many people begin to suffer from as they age.
In this course, Jill Miller, founder of Yoga Tune Up®, shows how you can access all aspects of your core to awaken its tremendous potential for creating lasting structural harmony, healing and empowerment.
Drawing on her unique yoga-based Core Integration system, Jill shows you how to reconnect to your belly in a conscious and loving way. She will explore how to use core work to address issues with your tissues as well as their interplay beyond the physical realm. Connect your core to its underlying physiology, respiratory function and tap into the emotional reservoir buried within.
Jill introduces a series of deep yoga-based abdominal exercises, which will strengthen you from inside-out, unglue knots and tension within your fascia, awaken sluggish organs, stretch scar tissue and cultivate vibrancy throughout your nervous system.
Building a durable core is one of the best ways to empower your yoga practice. It is safe and transformational work for those dealing with specific core injuries and is a challenge for all levels- from newcomers to teachers. Jill is a true master teacher with a unique and creative approach to core empowerment, and this is a wonderful opportunity to study yoga live online with her and gain the tools you need to enjoy the harmonious support of a strong, integrated core.
What You Will Learn
- Why a strong and durable core is essential for your long-term health and structural balance
- How core strengthening and integration can power up your yoga practice
- How to strengthen the core without the “rip” or “shred”
- The key muscles and fascias involved in core stability and mobility and how to access them
- Deconstruct and activate one of the deepest and most influential core muscles that typically gets overlooked in core moves
- Yogic core integration techniques, Uddihyana Bandha (diaphragm stretch) and Nauli Kriya (lateral abdominal churning)
- How to apply core work to a personal daily yoga practice, and helpful ways of integrating and sequencing core work within a classroom.
This course Also Includes:
- Video Practice: Enjoy a 30-minute video practice with Jill with her signature fun and innovative approach to core strengthening. The practice helps restore facility and function to your entire torso by improving biomechanics, mobility, and stability to the multiple tissues surrounding, supporting and enveloping your spine and core.
- Nauli Kriya Video Yoga Practice: This video is a yoga practice sequence on Hatha Yoga Nauli Kriya, one of the Shatkarmas, or cleansing practices in yoga. According to the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Nauli Kriya stimulates the digestive fire, removes toxins, and prevents disease. The long-term benefits of Nauli Kriya include improved digestion, increased energy and regulation of hormonal imbalances and emotional disturbances.
- Recordings of Both Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of both webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Lecture Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.