In our modern society we often focus on treating each ailment separately: we take one pill for headaches, another for depression, and another for high blood pressure. This targeted approach can be useful, but it fails to take into account the whole person.
The human body/mind is an integrated set of systems, and no health concern exists in isolation. Every part of our bodies, our mental and emotional, spiritual well-being and the development of positive meaning relationships with others. are deeply connected. If we can begin to work with ourselves holistically, we can create healing and alleviate suffering on multiple levels.
Yoga offers a comprehensive approach to health and well-being. Rather than solely focusing on one part of the person, yoga provides a methodology to approach the person from a holistic perspective. In this course, Marlysa Sullivan, P.T. explains the framework of yoga therapy for the alleviation of suffering based on philosophical perspectives and rooted in whole-person well-being.
There is growing recognition of the importance of spiritual and social factors in physical and mental health. Marlysa will explain how this can be applied in accessible and practical ways. In addition, specific understandings of yoga practices and philosophy for physical and mental health will be described.
What You Will Learn:
- The framework of yoga for whole-person health and well-being
- How spiritual and social factors impact physical and mental health
- Self-care practices to foster social/spiritual well-being
- The importance of regulation and resilience for physical and mental health
- Practices to support regulation, resilience and physical/mental health
This Course also Includes:
- Yoga practice video: Enjoy a yoga practice videos that Marlysa has designed specifically for this course.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.