The root of a whole host of physical challenges and chronic pain — from shoulder, hip and low back pain to joint injury and deterioration and forms of scoliosis — can be found in basic imbalances in the alignments of the pelvic girdle. This is about more than just having a ‘picture perfect’ posture (which is not necessarily the ultimate goal); it is about our body’s relationship with gravity through the foundation of the pelvis.
In this two part online course Doug Keller explores simple self-applied techniques for realigning our pelvis and spine with gravity, as well as explore the muscular imbalances and tension that arise through imbalances — and how to recognize and address these imbalances in our asana practice.
What you will learn
- Why the pelvis is such a key component of long-term structural health and balance and of preventing back pain and other chronic pain issues;
- The key pelvic imbalances, including tilts, rotations and shifts, and how to observe them in yoga students;
- How and why pelvis imbalances can be the cause of early-stage scoliosis, and how to prevent scoliosis to develop further as you get older;
- Key ways in which pelvic imbalances affect alignment in numerous yoga postures and cues to help students develop awareness of these;
- The key muscle groups involved in pelvic imbalances and how to use yoga asanas to slowly rebalance and restore the integrity of the pelvic girdle.
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Video: Join Doug for an hour-long yoga practice illustrating the key points of alignment and principles described in his course.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of both webinar sessions (both MP3 – downloadable and MP4 – streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 3 CEs with Yoga Alliance.