Beginning students often share common challenges. These include a lack of body awareness, and the typical physical limitations of the American body, such as tight hamstrings, tight hips, a weak back, and lack of core strength. The older the student, the more pronounced these limitations.
Learning to observe and adjust your teaching to these common issues is key to helping students at all skill levels, and motivating beginning yoga students to develop their practice.
In this course Judith Hanson Lasater introduces yoga sequences to use with beginning yoga students to give them the best experience when beginning a yoga practice.
What You Will Learn:
- Key alignment principles to begin with to ensure that student develop a proper foundation of alignment
- Best poses to introduce these key alignment principles, and the best languaging and cueing to use
- Techniques for helping beginning yoga students develop body awareness
- Most common ‘problem areas’ beginning students bring to class how to address them
- Best modifications for specific poses and when to use them.
Also Included in this Course:
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.