Seniors age 65 and older are the fastest-growing sector of the population, which presents both an opportunity and a challenge for yoga teachers since some commonly-taught practices may pose significant risks for older adults. This course will enhance your sensitivity to the complexity and vulnerability of older adults, and boost your skills and confidence in safely and effectively teaching seniors who are new to the yoga practice.
Created in collaboration with top medical experts—and informed by Kimberly and Carol’s extensive experience teaching yoga in medical settings—this training combines the best of current, evidence-based medicine with the ancient wisdom, experience and tradition of yogic teachings.
What you will learn
- Basic physiology of aging and why some yoga practices may be risky for older adults new to the practice
- Key information about health conditions common to older adults including heart disease, osteoporosis, arthritis, lung disease, chronic pain, and joint replacement.
- A skillful method for adapting yoga practices safely and effectively for seniors
- Techniques to enhance and refine your own voice as a teacher
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Video: Enjoy a yoga practice that accompanies Carol and Kimberly’s course.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions (both MP3 and MP4), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.