As baby boomers reach 50 and beyond, they are increasingly looking for ways to retain energy and vitality in the second half of life. Yoga offers a unique way to slow aging, restore well-being and vitality, deal with the changes of the maturing years, and even bring greater peace to mind and body.
Yoga can be performed by anyone at any age, and can be done right in the comfort of your own home. Experience the many benefits yoga has to offer, no matter what shape you are in. Join Peggy Cappy, creator of the PBS series: Yoga for the Rest of Us for a 2-part online course on how to make yoga accessible no matter what your age.
If you’re new to yoga, you’ll learn how to motivate yourself to get started; a sequence of yoga postures for your home practice, and best ways to adapt yoga postures to your body’s needs and abilities.
If you’re a teacher of yoga, this course will give you essential tools to working with an older population and how to tap into the rapidly expanding market of baby boomers flocking to yoga. Learn how to make yoga safe at any age and deal with the unique challenges aging boomers bring to their yoga practice.
In Peggy’s workshops you will learn a variety of yoga postures and several relaxation techniques, all adapted to your body’s needs and abilities. Peggy’s gentle and practical approach draws on her years of experience teaching yoga, from her popular PBS videos, Yoga for the Rest of Us, MORE Yoga for the Rest of Us, Back Care Basics, Easy Yoga for Arthritis, Easy Yoga for Easing Pain, and Heart Healthy Yoga, and her book Yoga for All of Us.
What You Will Learn:
- Warm-ups to ease the body into motion
- A yoga flow sequence ideal for teaching beginners or starting a home practice
- Ways to gradually increase each pose’s challenge and intensity
- Ways to adapt practices to a body’s needs and abilities
- Essential postures and breathing techniques for those 50+
- How to use your yoga practice as a powerful tool for mind-body healing
Peggy says: “Older students often bring a level of maturity to their practice that leads to not only greatly increased well-being but even transformative insights. This is a population I love.”
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Video: Enjoy an online 30 minute yoga practice video with Peggy in which she illustrates some of the key principles discussed in the course, plus a video where Peggy demonstrates hand warm-ups.
- Recordings of Both Sessions: Yours to keep. It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get the recordings of both webinar sessions (both MP3 and MP4), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 2.5 non-contact hour CEs with Yoga Alliance.