Some 36 million people practice yoga at last count. However, a full 28 million people say that they tried yoga, and decided not to continue. Most common reasons were “not flexible enough,” “I feel out of place,” and “my body is not right for yoga.”
This is a great loss, not just for the millions of people unable to access the benefits of yoga, but also for yoga as a profession.
When yoga first came to the West in the 60s and 70s, it was primarily young, able-bodied people who took up the practice. As yoga teacher, activist and author Dianne Bondy points out, it is long overdue that we develop the training needed for teachers to be able to teach a much wider range of bodies and populations.
In this online course, Dianne draws on her extensive experience working with diverse populations to present core teaching principles for a more accessible and inclusive approach to teaching yoga.
Learn how to create an environment that is welcoming to more diverse populations, and the core principles for teaching in a way that honors the needs of every student class.
Dianne will cover key approaches to making yoga accessible, including the importance of pose variations, approaches to sequencing and cueing, and how to develop greater awareness of the effects of the language we use and the yoga spaces we create.
What You Will Learn:
- Examination of what it means to create inclusive and diverse spaces
- Progressive sequencing
- Sun salutation/vinyasa variations
- Variations of common classic yoga poses
- Breathing techniques
- Dynamic and accessible flow
Special Bonuses for Dianne’s Course!
- 4 Bonus Tutorial Videos: Enjoy these brief tutorials with accessible yoga pose variations for EVERY body, including Downward Dog, Dancer Pose, Warrior III and Chair Pose.
- 3 Free Reports with a breakdown of the Bus Stop Method: Learn how to build the pose up gradually and all the variations you need to build up yoga poses according to the Bus Stop Method.
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Video: Enjoy a yoga practice with Dianne designed specifically for this course.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 3 non-contact hour CEs with Yoga Alliance.