Feeling sluggish after the long winter? Or do you suffer from low energy, lack of well-being, or frequent colds and infections? It may be time to tune up your lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is the body’s ‘garbage’ collector. It removes metabolic waste and toxins from the intercellular fluid, making it vital for cellular health.
Many people have badly congested lymphatics without knowing it, particularly during and after the winter season, when most tend to stay inside and get less physical activity. Symptoms include fatigue, mood swings, depression, headaches, obesity, and more.
In this course, renowned yoga teacher Tias Little goes into details with how to target our yoga practice to strengthen lymphatic functioning and the cleansing organs.
Healthy lymph circulation is essential for immune function, and having a strong defense system and strong immunity is in many regards the ultimate aim of a yoga practice.
Tias will review how yoga postures can create a healthy and radiant immune system. He reviews the primary function of the lymphatic system and shows how specific yoga poses aid in the irrigation of lymph throughout the body.
We will explore how yoga practice that includes not only the practice of postures, but meditation and chanting work as preventative medicine, particularly for improving energy, and warding off flu and respiratory tract infections.
Tias will also review the ways that meditation, metta practice, pranayama and chanting help build “psychic immunity.” In particular we investigate how negative emotion compromises immunity.
What You Will Learn
- What the general structure of the lymph system teaches us about specific areas of the body to target to enhance lymphatic health
- The different ways in which specific yoga postures benefit specific parts of the lymphatic system
- The role of the skin in lymphatic flow and how to stimulate lymphatic flow via the skin
- How to practice sequences designed as a tonic for the glands and membranes, especially around the throat, jaw and upper chest.
- Specific asanas to emphasize and the best approach to practice
- How to build psychic as well as physical immunity by learning to let go of emotional and mental debris clogging the flow of energy in the body.
This Course Also Includes:
- Video Yoga Practice: Enjoy a video practice that Tias designed especially for this course, which combines the revitalizing features of a vigorous practice with the benefits of restorative inversions to target lymphatic flow and immune strengthening in the most comprehensive way.
- Recordings of Both Sessions: Yours to keep. It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get the recordings of both sessions (MP3 & MP4), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.