Who are these children? Why are they here? What do they bring to our lives? What are the challenges they present? How can we turn the challenges into gifts? These are some of the ideas Lana Reed (aka Shakta Khalsa), a leading teacher of children’s yoga, will explore in this 3-part audio interactive lecture series. This yoga download is beneficial to all—parents, teachers, anyone who wants to gain a true and deep connection with the child within and without.
Part 1: Making Friends with Ourselves & Our Children
- Yogic tools for making peace within and without
- Yogic wisdom about raising/teaching children
- The development of energy centers (chakras) from birth to adulthood
Part 2: Communicating from Our Authentic Self
- How to reach from your center to the child’s center
- How to develop deep listening skills and
- Practical win/win communication skills
Part 3: Staying Connected while Meeting Challenges
- Some meditations and visualizations to help work out challenges in advance
- How to use the internal guidance system to get from here to there
- How to build a daily practice that is realistic for you
These yoga downloads were part lecture, part interactive. Participants were encouraged to bring their thoughts, questions, and experience, and together they explored this leading edge world of today’s children.