Which is the #1 thing you can do to calm the mind and relieve stress, enhance blood flow to your muscles, increase range of motion and physical performance, improve your posture and prevent back pain?
Yes, you guessed it: Stretching. Research shows that stretching is about a lot more than “just” enhancing flexibility. It has pervasive – and immediate – effects in terms of calming the mind and body. And, in the long term, it is essential to maintain soft tissue hydration, pliability, and our ability to retain freedom of movement as we get older.
Yet, ironically, those who need stretching the most are often those to whom stretching is the least accessible. Many people dislike stretching exercises because they find them uncomfortable, frustrating, and even painful. Limitations in stretching ability are also a major barrier for many beginning students coming to yoga.
But did you know that there are many approaches to stretching and that it’s not one-size-fits-all? And, did you know that there are ways to bypass the neuromuscular mechanisms that tend to limit our flexibility and range of motion to gradually increase our ability to stretch and extend the soft tissues in a healthy, balanced way?
In this online course, physical therapist and yoga therapist Chrys Kub, founder of Fit Yoga Therapy, will present the most updated information on the types and mechanisms of stretching and show you how to use them to maximize the benefits of stretching.
Learn how to decide which type and technique of stretching provide the benefits you are looking for and how to integrate it into a yoga practice.
With her background as a physical therapist, yoga teacher/yoga therapist, and certified personal trainer, Chrys has extensive experience applying different types of stretching techniques in her work. This course will leave you with numerous practical applications and proven techniques to implement immediately.
What You Will Learn:
- The latest theories on stretching and what it actually is!
- Understand the benefits and risks of stretching and how to provide safe and effective programming.
- Descriptions and applications of 6 major types of stretching.
- The benefits of each type of stretching, indications to implement, and risks of each.
- How to identify hypermobility and how to address it through a yoga practice.
- Experience the different types of stretching and learn how to apply them to enhance flexibility and range of motion.
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Videos: Enjoy three yoga practice videos that accompany this course designed by Chrys Kub.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 3.75 CEs with Yoga Alliance.