In our fast-paced Vinyasa yoga culture, are we missing out on one of the greatest gifts yoga has to offer? Renowned yoga teacher Judith Hanson Lasater thinks so.
Deep rest has become an absolute necessity in our lives. When we emphasize moving rapidly through a series of poses, it is easy to miss out on the element of deep rest that yoga has to offer. Restorative yoga is a perfect strategy for that.
The practice of restorative yoga allows us to deeply nourish and regenerate the tissues and systems of our bodies. The constant pressure of day-to-day stressors can leave us feeling depleted, tense or even in a state that is simultaneously exhausted and wired. By settling the body into profound rest through this practice of yoga, we offer ourselves a return to well-being and ease.
The measurable results of deep relaxation include more balanced blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol levels, as well as improved digestion and elimination, reduced muscle tension, insomnia and generalized fatigue.What’s more, this practice is uniquely accessible to all ages, all body types, and all states of health.
What are the most important poses in restorative yoga? Which are the strategies we can use to get more out of a restorative yoga practice? How can we create a habit of practicing rest every day? These and other questions will be addressed by world-renowned restorative yoga teacher Judith Hanson Lasater.
Give yourself and others an opportunity to experience the profound rest of restorative yoga. This course will show you how to teach and practice some of the restorative yoga poses Judith considers most essential, and also lead you in two restorative yoga practices, so you will be able to experience how restorative yoga is taught by one of the leading teachers in this area.
What You Will Learn:
• Key restorative poses for rejuvenating body and mind
• How restorative yoga can counteract the effects of chronic stress
• Cues to cultivate deeper relaxation in yourself or your students
• How to identify and overcome what is keeping us from our practice
• Tools to reap maximum benefit from a restorative practice
• How just a few minutes a day of active, supported rest can improve your mood, your energy, and your sense of physical comfort and ease.
Module 1 – Introduction to Restorative Yoga
Learn why restorative yoga can put us in touch with aspects of our life that we tend to neglect, and learn how to practice five restorative poses you can easily do at home, even with very few props.
Module 2 – Restorative Yoga
Judith highlights some of her go-to restorative yoga poses and discusses some of the most common barriers to practice and how to overcome them. She further talks about why people with trauma may need special consideration and how best to introduce restorative yoga such cases.
Module 3 – Yoga, Body Awareness and Meditation
In this section, Judith goes into why developing body awareness is such an important part of our practice and shares her insight into how our relationship with the practice can deepen over time.
Module 4 – The True Meaning of Asana as a Preparation for Meditation
In this section, Judith explores the concepts of dharana and dhyana, the 6th and 7th limbs of yoga, and the true meaning of asana as a preparation for meditation.
This Course Also Includes:
- Two 30 minute restorative yoga practices with Judith Hanson Lasater and her daughter Lizzie Lasater.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of both webinar sessions (both MP3 – downloadable and MP4 – streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 4.5 non-contact CEs with Yoga Alliance.