Worried about the COVID-19 epidemic and wondering what you can do to keep yourself and your loved ones healthy?
We all know that frequently washing our hands is important, but not enough. There are many things we can do on a day to day basis to increase immunity and thereby reduce our risk of infection.
Coincidentally, these are also the very same things that will help us increase the odds of enjoying good health throughout our life, notes Dr. Ginger Garner, DPT, integrative physical therapist, board-certified Lifestyle Medicine diplomate, and yoga therapist.
Whether you are looking specifically for ways to strengthen your immunity and reduce the risk of infection from the coronavirus or looking for ways to change your overall health and aging trajectory, the answer is the same.
The more we learn about the powerful factors that impact our health and how we can work with them instead of against them, the less we have to feel like powerless victims in the face of the external threat of disease.
Where do you stack up? Learn how to evaluate common biomarkers that indicate your current health status and risk of infectious diseases, chronic disease, and premature aging.
In this online course, Ginger will go into depth on 5 biomarkers of health that have a tremendous impact on your current immunity and strength and on how healthy you will stay over time as well.
There are many ways we can increase the odds of preventing infection, and enjoying good health throughout our life, notes Dr. Ginger Garner, DPT, integrative physical therapist, board-certified Lifestyle Medicine diplomate, and yoga therapist.
Where do you stack up? Learn how to evaluate common biomarkers that indicate risk of chronic disease and premature aging.
In this online course, Ginger will go into depth on 5 biomarkers of aging that can determine how healthy you are.
Ginger will also show how to use yoga as an approach to lifestyle medicine to reduce pertinent risk factors and biohack your health trajectory.
There are five facets of Lifestyle Medicine that overlap with the ancient yogic model and modern biopsychosocial model, and Ginger will discuss each of them in terms of the most common issues that plague adults over age 40.
Learn what you can do to overcome genetics and maximize your quality of life, while minimizing your risk of premature aging and the chronic disease and pain that accompanies it.
Join Ginger as she guides you through the landscape defining your age profile, and learn how yoga as lifestyle medicine can be effortlessly woven into your language as a yoga teacher or student.
What You Will Learn:
- The 5 Biomarkers of Health
- How to determine your true “biological age” vs. your chronological age and what it says about your health, strength, and immunity against infectious diseases
- Biochemistry of Evidence-Based Yoga
- Components of a Yoga as Lifestyle Medicine Program – what you can do now
- When to see your doctor or refer students – how to spot issues that need deeper attention
This Course ALSO Includes:
- Yoga Practice Videos: Enjoy 2 yoga practices with Ginger designed specifically for this course.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 4 CEs with Yoga Alliance.