Ever looked at a yoga student in a yoga posture and known that the alignment is wrong, but just not completely sure why, and what to do about it? We’ve all been there!
Leeann Carey, founder of Yāpana, is particularly known for her innovative uses of props to help inform and deepen your yoga practice and expand your teaching skills. Using yoga props can help us access yoga poses we might otherwise tend to avoid, and safely guide us where we’d like to go. Props provide a means for thoughtful inquiry and direct physical feedback, while fostering confidence to grow our practice.
In this course, Leeann Carey offers simple visual assessment tools you can use to trace common misalignments in yoga students. She will then show you how to address these, using props as awareness building tools to helps students wake up dormant areas of the body and calm overworked ones.
For most people, there are yoga poses they will never be able to practice well without learning how to harness the additional support of props. Learn how to create a safe space in which students feel comfortable embracing what is present, adjust to the utter kindness of accepting support and letting go into what’s happening now.
This online yoga course will demystify any misunderstanding you may have about using yoga props. It will show you how to assess when and how to apply strategic prop placement, give you tips for how to use props to efficiently leverage your own or students’ strengths, while learning how to not just amend weaknesses but also explore these with a soft breath and calm mind.
What You Will Learn
- Simple assessment tools to identify when to use prop support in standing and seated poses, backbends, twists and forward bends, as well as in cases of hyperextension.
- Common misalignment mistakes in beginners where yoga props can help
- How to address overworked and underworked areas with props
Innovative uses of props like the wall, a chair, a block, belt, bolster, blanket, and sand bag.
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Video: Experience props in action in this Yapana practice with Leeann Carey! The practice includes the three signature components of Yaapana: A series of warm-ups focusing on increasing range of motion; dynamic poses held with support; passive restorative poses held with support, as well as a 15 minute Savasana. You will learn how to strategically use props to extend and support the life and nature of your yoga practice. Be prepared to have a complete yoga experience!
- Recordings of Both Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 3 CEs with Yoga Alliance.