The next evolution of core training is here!
Core training has traditionally been performed with the spine and pelvis is in neutral. While that is all good and well, the reality is that we don’t live our lives in spine and pelvis in neutral. We bend our spines forwards, backwards, to the sides and rotate, so why should core training stop with the spine and pelvis in a neutral/non-functional position? Smart Core training is a way to evolve core training and make it more functional.
Considering that most activities and injuries occurs when the spine is not in neutral, it is essential that we learn to perform core training in a non-neutral position under controlled forms. Smart Core training takes the basic core training concept and takes core training to the next level. Smart Core training builds upon basic core training, advances it in a step by step way that takes core training into functional spinal positions. Spinal positions that we use in real life.
The Smart Core Program also re-trains the brain based on the latest findings in neuroplasticity, learning, and habit formation. Traditionally core training has focused on muscle strengthening and not learning of the nervous system. New research on neuroplasticity, the nervous system, and sound learning principles have changed the way we apply and progress core training. In this workshop the participants will learn how to progress core training based on these principles and then apply it to themselves and their clients.
What You Will Learn:
- Advanced core training based on the Smart Core concept for more functionality.
- How to advance core training in a step by step approach to make it more functional for you and your clients.
- How to apply core training based on sound somatic and pedagogical, learning principles based on the latest findings in neuroplasticity and learning.
- How to apply Smart Core training to your own life.
- How to apply Smart Core training applications to enhance yoga and Pilates.
- How to increase your awareness of the position of the spine and pelvis.
- How to observe your own and other’s core patterns.
- Anatomy of the upper and lower core.
This Course also Includes:
- Yoga practice videos: Enjoy a yoga practice videos that Staffan has designed specifically for this course.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 3 non-contact CEs with Yoga Alliance.