What does yoga have to do with your hormones? Plenty! Just about every yoga pose you do has an impact on the hormonal (endocrine) system in your body – making yoga a fabulous way to support this system and keep your hormones healthy. With focus and intention, we can use our yoga practice to keep our hormones balanced, and to help address common symptoms of hormonal imbalance.
How do we recognize when our hormones are out of balance? The symptoms of hormonal imbalance make a long and varied list, including: insomnia, fatigue, mood swings, irregular monthly cycles, PMS, low back ache, low libido, thyroid imbalances and weight gain, fertility issues, poor immune function, hot flashes, anxiety, depression, and blood sugar imbalances, among others.
How can yoga help? If any of these symptoms sound familiar, you are not alone. Many people have come to accept these kinds of symptoms as almost “normal” – just the way things are. But in fact, they can all be linked to hormone imbalances. By choosing yoga poses that work to balance the entire endocrine system, as well as poses that target specific glands in the endocrine system, we can help to bring the hormonal system back into balance. When the hormones are balanced, many of these symptoms are reduced or alleviated. By doing a targeted daily yoga practice, we can improve our sleep, boost our energy level, help regulate our cycles, improve libido, and make us less moody, just to mention a few possible impacts.
What will you learn?
- Be able to recognize symptoms of hormonal imbalance
- Understand what causes hormonal imbalances
- Get an overview of the endocrine (hormonal) system, and understand what each gland is doing for us.
- Why is the parasympathetic nervous system important, and how can we activate it in our yoga practice?
- How to choose yoga poses and practices to relieve symptoms and address specific hormonal imbalances.
- How to do a daily yoga practice that helps with all-around hormone-balancing.
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Video: Enjoy a practice video that Lynn will create specifically for this course.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of both webinar sessions (both MP3 and MP4), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.