As yoga teachers, we often experience situations where students are unable to perform even basic yoga postures properly, because of physical limitations in strength and/or flexibility. To help such students progress, it’s essential for yoga teachers to know how to assess a student’s current strengths and limitations.
Join yoga teacher and physical therapist Chrys Kub, ERYT-500 for an online course, in which she shares a simple screening she has developed for yoga teachers to assess flexibility, core stability and alignment required to practice foundational yoga postures.
The tests and assessments are a blend of physical therapy assessment tests and yoga postures. They enable yoga teachers to become more aware of a student’s unique imbalances and tendencies during the yoga practice, and in turn, help students progress faster and prevent injury.The screening tool is useful not just for new students, even experienced yoga practitioners can benefit from practicing with greater awareness of their body’s tendencies and limitations.
In this online yoga course, you will also learn specific yoga postures to address the most common types of musculoskeletal imbalances yoga teachers encounter in yoga classes.
What You Will Learn
- How to quickly assess general core stability and flexibility of yoga students
- How to provide each student with recommendations for appropriate props or asana variations to accommodate their specific musculoskeletal limitations.
- How to provide recommendations for specific asanas to address any limitations in flexibility or core strength
- How to help students make the fastest progress, by giving them a “take home” chart of recommendations they can incorporate into a home practice or practice in another setting.
This Course Also Includes:
- Video Practice: Enjoy a video practice with Chrys demonstrating an actual screening being done and what to look for, as well as some of the common dysfunctions you might encounter when you’re doing the assessment.
- Recordings of Both Sessions: Yours to keep. It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get the recordings of both sessions (MP3 downloadable and MP4 streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 2.5 CEs with Yoga Alliance.