The practice of yoga is intended to enhance the equanimity of body, mind, and soul. An essential vehicle for gaining the benefits of yoga is found in a spine that is strong, flexible, balanced, and receptive.
In this course, renowned yoga teacher Lillah Schwartz shows how we can retain or reestablish the natural fluidity of the spine to enjoy powerful health benefits. Learn how keeping the spine healthy can help to improve the functionality of the body, relieve the stiffness associated with aging, as well as reduce and prevent back pain.
Whether you are new to yoga or have chosen to help others by becoming a yoga teacher, you will benefit greatly from learning how to nurture a healthy spine and how to prevent or manage the pain associated with occasional or unresolved back issues.
Following the five koshas or layers of self, this course will focus on the physical, energetic, mental, wisdom, and bliss bodies that are interconnected and must be addressed for overall healing to take place.
“When the body gets working appropriately, the force of gravity can flow through. Then, spontaneously, the body heals itself.”– Ida P. Rolf, Ph.D.
You Will Learn:
- How anatomical alignment is vital to the safe practice and progression of yoga poses
- How to use breath and rhythm to release tension and gradually increase spinal mobility
- Ways to understand the body of thought and emotion as related to back tension or pain
- The important role of fascia in both spinal fluidity and resilience
- Safe poses to stretch and tone the key muscles that prevent and relieve back pain
This Course also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Videos: Enjoy yoga practices with Lillah designed specifically for this course.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.