There are many health conditions that lead to illness, disability and premature death as we age. Two of the biggest culprits are diabetes and cardiovascular disease. There is probably not a family in the US that has not been affected negatively by one of these two major issues. There is a “syndrome” called metabolic syndrome, a clustering of specific signs and symptoms, that predispose you to being more likely to develop diabetes and CV diseases over time. What if yoga could improve these factors and reduce your likelihood of developing full-blown diabetes or CV problems such as heart attacks and strokes?
Join physician, yoga educator and yoga therapist Baxter Bell, MD for a 3-part webinar (two lectures and a yoga practice) on what we presently know from research about metabolic syndrome and what we are discovering from recent yoga research on how yoga may help!
What You Will Learn:
- What metabolic syndrome is, how it is diagnosed, and what are its implications for your health, for the health of family or friends, of those you might work with.
- What is the typical Western medical approach to metabolic syndrome and what sort of success rates are associated with that approach.
- What research already exists specifically on yoga and metabolic syndrome and how applicable is it to your situation or those you work with.
- What related yoga research exists that may have direct or indirect impact on metabolic syndrome.
- The tools of yoga most suited to addressing metabolic syndrome.
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Video: Enjoy a sample yoga practice appropriate for someone with metabolic syndrome and possibly other health conditions as well.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of both webinar sessions (both MP3 – downloadable and MP4 – streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 3 CEs with Yoga Alliance.