Increasingly, researchers are pointing to a new risk factor for chronic disease: Inflammation. Inflammation is a natural immune system defense mechanism, but when it becomes chronic, it becomes a risk factor for a host of chronic conditions, including atherosclerosis, diabetes, arthritis, thyroid issues, fibromyalgia, and more.
Aging is one of the biggest risk factors for chronic inflammation. As we age, our bodies are less able to regulate the inflammatory process, and out-of-control, chronic inflammation often results.
Once inflammation goes out of control, it quickly spirals into disease as the immune system fails to distinguish between foreign invaders and the body, making the body vulnerable to attacks from its own defense system. What predisposes us to chronic inflammation, and how do you know if you have it? How can yoga help prevent or curb chronic inflammation?
In this online course, Baxter Bell, MD, C-IAYT, eRYT500, author of Yoga for Healthy Aging offers an in-depth view on this critical disease factor and offers advice on how to prevent chronic inflammation or curb it if it’s already a factor.
What You Will Learn
- The role of inflammation in our body
- How inflammation contributes to acute and chronic illness
- Specific conditions where inflammation plays a leading role
- How to test for chronic inflammation in your body
- Key risk factors for developing chronic inflammation that every person needs to know
- What research shows about yoga’s effects on curbing chronic inflammation
- Practical yoga tools to help address inflammation in general
This Course also Includes:
- 3 Yoga Practice Videos: Baxter has created three unique home practice videos for this course. The first video is an asana practice designed to restore balance to the body and reduce inflammation. The second video is a pranayama practice that will naturally calm the mind and body, curbing stress and helping to prevent chronic disease. The third video promotes healthy aging through a restorative relaxation practice.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of both webinar sessions (both MP3 and MP4), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 3 CEs with Yoga Alliance.